Cinematography - Reference Board
AURORA - Infections Of A Different Kind - Promo Video
Editing: handmade quality – emphasises this feeling of the cutting room and of experimentation and a general sense of something being created with its quick glitchy haphazard cuts — has a dynamism which carries it forwards.
Direction + cinematography: lots of shots of the place where the album is being made – the beautiful grounds, the architecture, Aurora inhabiting the space – dreaminess to it all. Also shots outside the studio doors looking in. Is kind of elusive: lot of shots of figures disappearing out of frame – round corners / into darkness etc. ]
Shows a lot from the production / process.
Cargo In The Blood - Promo Video
Lots of close-up shots lingering on the details + textures of the works + of the beauty of the physical process of creating the works – steam from the aerosol, heat from the pan.
Similarities to Aurora video:
- Shots of the artist in the studio creating the work
- shows aspects of the work in design / process (sketches / experimenting / etc)
- Interview clips with the artist sitting down in the presence of the work (gallery/ studio)
- talking about the process + about the work
- Shots of the nature outside the studio
- Shots of the artist from behind – both whilst at work, and also whilst walking – following from behind
- Shots of books + libraries (reference material)
- Shots of sunlight entering into the darker studio space